From Sunday 19 September we are able to re-enter our buildings, partake in worship, and have our usual meetings and gatherings again taking into account all Delta Alert Level 2 State and Church rules.
We will need to wear a mask and scan when we gather together, with social distancing of 2 metres and a limit of 50 people indoors. Singing will not happen (I am hopeful that we can enjoy listening to some music in a prayerful and worshipful way without needing to vocalise).
Morning Worship will take place:
- 9am – St Matthew’s Church, Hastings
- 10am – St Peter’s Church, Riverslea
- 10.15am – St Matthew’s Church, Hastings (church not chapel)
Please share yourselves around what time and venue suits you best, as we try to average the numbers across our physical social distancing spaces.
To explain clearly the rationale for these times:-
1) On Sunday at St Matthew’s I wish to honour and value the two regular congregations equally by meeting at a time between the two normal opportunities, so 9am it is;
2) Should there be more than 50 people gather at St Matthew’s for 9am, I wish to be able to offer them the opportunity to attend St Peter’s at 10am.
We will be continuing the online resources that we have been offering during Level 4 & 3. Alongside this, I will be endeavouring to record the 9am Service in order to stream it at 10am as part of the Archdeaconry offering – more on that next week when I work out if I can.
This is also a great opportunity to remind you to please update your contact details with the Parish Administrator. It would be wonderful to have all your details up to date, especially mobile phone and email.